It is the safest and most versatile way to re-shape teeth. The beauty of this technique lies in the artistic and skilful addition of the composite material to the tooth, without damaging the tooth itself.
Why have Composite Bonding?
- It is a great way to fill a small gap between your front teeth.
- We match the composite to your teeth, so the restoration looks natural, just like your own teeth.
- There’s no need to remove tooth tissue so the existing integrity of your tooth is maintained.
- Bonding can be used to repair and reshape teeth that have chipped or worn away through grinding, improving the overall bite as well as appearance.
- If you have lost the outer enamel of your tooth because of wear, bonding is used to protect the sensitive dentine (the bit under the enamel) of the tooth. We can replace the outer lost enamel, thereby eliminating any tooth sensitivity.
What’s involved in The Treatment?
Composite bonding is carried out in the practice by our highly skilled dentists. We can repair and improve your smile in one appointment.
The tooth is cleaned and protected from saliva contamination so all further steps can be carried out on a clean tooth surface to have the best bonding. We use a special gel to prepare the tooth surface, then clean and dry the tooth. The composite resin is added to the tooth in layers, gradually building up the shape. We then use a special light to harden the resin. Finally, the tooth is polished and will be transformed by the end of your appointment.