What are My Options for home teeth whitening?
Convenience means different things to different people, so we have 2 styles of home whitening that can brighten your smile.
Each teeth whitening kit has a different strength formula, which we will advise you on.
All of our whitening treatments are designed to whiten your teeth with little to no sensitivity.
How to whiten your teeth with DayWhite and NiteWhite
DayWhite and NiteWhite home teeth whitening kits are both applied in the same easy way; the difference comes down to when and how long you wear your trays.
With DayWhite you’ll wear your trays twice a day, so you might like to do one treatment in the morning, the other in the evening. With NiteWhite, trays are worn overnight – you can remove trays as soon as you get up.
When you’re ready to whiten your teeth, brush well to remove plaque, then complete these easy stages:
- Put a teardrop size of tooth whitening gel into each impression in your trays
- Gently place the trays over your teeth
- When the prescribed time for your formulation is up, take out your trays and give them a good clean with cold water
Brush your teeth and enjoy a whiter smile
Every take-home formula is made of a unique blend of ingredients that helps protect enamel and reduces sensitivity.
Philips Zoom! DayWhite
- At home
- 30 minutes
- Up to 6 shades
DayWhite is perfect if you want to wear trays for as short a time as possible during the day. Available in various strengths, you wear trays for 30 to 90 minutes, for results in as little as 2 weeks.
Philips Zoom! NiteWhite
- At home
- 4 – 6 Hours (Every night for 1-2 weeks)
- Up to 6 shades
NiteWhite lets you whiten overnight as you sleep and is ideal if you’d rather wear trays at night. Also available in different strengths, NiteWhite also gives noticeable results in 2 weeks.
Just one more thing to smile about!
Zoom Teeth Whitening in Practice
Why wait for results when you can have whiter teeth now?
With the Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed lamp, you can achieve your whitest smile in just one 60-minute visit to the Porter Brook Dental Centre!
Unlike many other systems, Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed uses a proprietary LED light to accelerate whitening for maximum results in minimal time and is administered by our dentist, so you know it’s the best, healthiest option for your teeth.
Unlike some other whitening systems, Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed has adjustable intensity settings and can be customised to eliminate sensitivity to maximise your comfort.
Best recommended for:
- Patients that are too busy to use home teeth whitening kits.
- Patients that visit our area near Sheffield just for a short time.
- For those that cannot tolerate impressions or wearing trays.
- Patients who want the fastest safe teeth whitening possible.
How does it work?
Step 1: To make sure your teeth and gums are suitable for the whitening treatment, we ask that you have a check-up with us first. If you are dentally fit, we will then take impressions of your teeth so we can make the custom-made trays which are an essential part of the treatment.
Step 2: When your trays are ready, we’ll invite you back for your whitening treatment. Your dentist will:
- Discuss what shade you want to achieve
- Protect your gums before the treatment starts
- Apply the whitening solution to your teeth, securing in place with the trays
- Use the Philips Zoom lamp to activate the whitening solution
The treatment is made up of 4 x 15 minute sessions, all in just one visit.
Step 3: To help maintain your whiter teeth, the dentist will give you a home whitening kit so you can maintain the desired shade of your teeth at home.