Invisalign is a popular system of removable aligners designed to straighten your teeth discreetly. The aligners are almost invisible when they’re in place, so these are particularly suitable if you are self-conscious about wearing braces.
This means that Invisalign is the perfect solution for anyone who has considered orthodontic treatment but may have been put off by the thought of fixed metal braces.
More than 7 million patients worldwide have already discovered the advantages of this modern alternative to traditional braces.
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign clear braces are removable. We use software to make a series of bespoke aligners for you which are replaced every two or three weeks, as your teeth move closer to their new position.
It’s important that you wear the aligners consistently so they can work effectively. The fact that they are removable is convenient when you need to brush your teeth or eat, but you shouldn’t be tempted to take them out for lengthy periods.
The number of aligners you’ll need depends on how much work needs to be done to arrive at a solution that’s right for you. Once your treatment is finished you will need to use a removable retainer to keep your teeth in the correct position.
How does Invisalign Work
Here are some of the problems we can treat using this multi-talented brace:
- Crowded and crooked teeth
- Wide spacing between teeth
- Crossbites, where one or more of your upper teeth bite on the inside of your lower teeth
- Under bites, where your lower teeth sit in front of your upper teeth
- Deep bites, where your upper teeth overlap your bottom teeth (some overlap is desirable)
Benefits of Invisalign
- No one will know you’re wearing braces
- They’re fast — you’ll notice a difference in weeks
- They won’t damage your teeth
- They’re safer than traditional braces for sports
- They’re removable so it’s easy to maintain an effective oral hygiene regime
- Eat what you want